Friday, July 8, 2011

Follow Friday (7) and Book Blogger Hop (7)

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.
This week's question is:
Let's step away from the besties...what is the worst book you've ever read and actually finished?

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham. I say that with no hesitation whatsoever, that book was like a nightmare for me. It was required reading when I was 8 or 9 and I still shudder at the memory almost a decade later.




Book Blogger Hop


Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books.

This week, we have to promote the giveaway of one of our fellow bloggers.

The Quillery is giving away a copy of A Shot in the Dark by K.A. Stewart. It looks like an interesting read, so go check it out!

3 comments:

  1. My best friend loved Wind in the Willows, but I just couldn't get into it. I tried starting that book at least half a dozen times.

    New follower here! :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I never read The Wind in the Willows. I can't even remember what it's about :-/
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think The Wind in the Willows is a book of two halves. The first bit with Ratty and Mole getting lost in The Wild Wood, I love to bits. The second half with Toad I really don't care for at all. That said, I think the book is far too diffcult for 8 or 9 year olds. I appreciate the book (the first half anyway) far more as an adult than I did as a child. It's sad that the book was ruined for you in this way.

    Cath @ read_warbler

    ReplyDelete