Monday, January 3, 2011

Book Review #2 Mr. Darcy's Diary

Mr. Darcy's Diary
by Amanda Grange


This is a very faithful rendition of Pride and Prejudice from Mr. Darcy's point of view. It follows Mr. Darcy's story from his rescue of Georgiana to his marriage to Elizabeth. This is a wonderful book for those who dislike anyone who messes with the original, but I personally would have enjoyed it a little more if it went into what Darcy was doing when he wasn't around Elizabeth or doing things that were directly referenced in Pride and Prejudice. One might as well read the original, as this book adds very little that is new. I do like that it started earlier, so I found the beginning more interesting than the rest of the novel. The language and writing is excellent, however, and it explored Mr. Darcy's feelings very nicely.

I would give it 7 out of 10 stars, all in all.
There is no sexuality, violence, or swearing in this book.

                                    Lieder Madchen

1 comment:

  1. When I am getting an e-reader I will so read this book :D I am just so bad at reading on my PC

    ReplyDelete