Friday, February 4, 2011

Book Review # 12 The Darcys and the Bingleys by Marsha Altman

The Darcys and the Bingleys
by Marsha Altman


 

Genre: Romance
Ages: 14 and up

The Darcys and the Bingleys is my favorite of all the Pride and Prejudice sequels I have read so far. I love the humour and the wonderful brotherly rivalry between Darcy and Bingley, it made me laugh many times, especially when they were betting about whose wife would have a baby first. :)

Part one chronicles the first year of marriage, beginning right before the double wedding of Darcy and Elizabeth and Jane and Charles. Both couples struggle with pre-marital nerves and a great deal of unsolicited advice from numerous relations, with everyone concerned wishing that the wedding could be done with so that they can actually spend some time with their respective spouses.
Part two takes Darcy on another adventure into the world of marriage-prevention when Bingley asks his favor in investigating a suitor of Caroline Bingley's. This seemingly straightforward task leads to excitement and peril that nobody suspected, and that may place all of their lives in danger.
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves comedy, romance, and adventure. I, personally, will definitely be re-reading this one in the future, as well as keeping an eye out for later books in the series.

There is some very occasional and mostly mild language in this book, so it gets a 2.10.

There is quite a bit of innuendo and references, but any scenes of sexuality fade away before anything happens, which I like. I give it a 5.10.

There are two scenes of violence in this novel, so I rate it a 5.10.

                                                  Lieder Madchen

2 comments:

  1. Marsha Altman's books are great! She really takes the characters and makes them her own in a good way. I hope you will read the next two in the series (not sure if any more are planned) and enjoy them as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on a review for the second one, but I haven't read the third one yet. :) I think there is a fourth one coming out soon, which is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete