Saturday, December 17, 2011

Novella Review: Blood Oath by Belinda Boring

Blood Oath
by Belinda Boring

Ages: 15 and up
Genre: Paranormal Romance
This is the third novella in the Mystic Wolves series. You can read my review of the second one, Cherished, here.
I received an e-copy of this story from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review as part of a blitz. Thank you, Belinda!

Description:

Someone is trying to send a deadly message to Mason, arranging the deaths of those he loves and it puts the entire pack and Alpha on high alert. Plans are made, but when the enemy strikes another painful blow by entering into the heart of pack property and kidnapping Darcy, Mason declares war. There’s nothing he won’t do to keep his future mate and pack safe.

Darcy understands the primal instincts driving her beloved Mason’s commands. With the help of those he sets as protectors, she learns about herself and the things she’ll need to help support her Alpha and pack. When events turn dire however, one truth offers her strength – once given, a blood oath is unbreakable … even if it means risking it all.

My Thoughts:

Once again, I am left wishing the stories in this series were longer so that I could just keep reading. Blood Oath has to be the best one yet. I suppose it is some comfort that because they are novellas it takes less time for the author to write them and therefore I won't have to wait as long for the next one as I would with a full-sized novel.

Picking up right where Cherished left off, the story smoothly drew me back into Darcy and Mason's world. Their emotions are not quite as far to the forefront as they were in Cherished, but still beautifully written and very important to the plot. Especially as someone is using Mason's love for Darcy against him. I do love how well they know each other and how they can anticipate the other's responses.

There was some humor scattered amongst the peril and grief for Mason's sister. I enjoyed pretty much any conversation with Devlin. There were also quite a few hints as to the next installment, hints that I can't wait to see elaborated on. I won't tell you what they are so you can read it for yourself. :)

I would recommend this story as well as the two previous novellas in the series to lovers of paranormal adventure and steamy (but still fairly clean) romance.

Content Ratings: Profanity, Sexuality and Violence
1 (mild) through 10 (extreme).

Profanity:
I rate it a 2.10 for some mild swearing.

Sexuality:
I give it a 3.10 for some pretty steamy kissing and some touching.

Violence:
I rate it a 7.10 for murder, kidnapping, threats and torture.

GIVEAWAY ALERT!

This review is part of the Blood Oath Giveaway Blitz, hosted by Belinda Boring, aka The Bookish Snob. You can read a teaser from the story and get a free e-copy of Blood Oath by clicking on the button below. :) Happy Reading!

                                        Lieder Madchen


No comments:

Post a Comment