Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's top ten list is favorite book settings. Now, I find it impossible to put my top ten lists in order, so I am just going to share ten of my favorites in a mostly random order.

London, England. This is one of my favorite settings for practically any book. There are times when I read books just because they are set in London.

Tortall from the works of Tamora Pierce. I love the world Ms. Pierce created. I love the magic, the cities and the fantastic creatures that fill it.

Ixia and Sitia from the Study and Glass series' by Maria V. Snyder. If Maria V. Snyder invented it, I love it. Enough said.

Talia from the Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman, especially the city of Bellezza. Italy mixed with magic and a Venice made from silver. Beautiful.

Archeld and Bellandra from Victoria Hanley's The Seer and the Sword and sequels. I would love to visit these places, especially Bellandra with its peaceful people and their art.

Luminaux from Sharon Shinn's Samaria novels. Luminaux is such a vivid and interesting city filled with creators and music. I could live there.

Pern from the works of Anne McCaffrey. I really, really want to meet a dragon.

Idris from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Just imagine a city of glass hidden away in modern Europe and nobody knows that it's there.

Sherwood Forest from the Robin Hood legends. I grew up on Robin Hood and King Arthur, but I always loved Robin more. If only he wasn't so devoted to Marion, but then again, that is part of why I like him so much.

Pemberley, Derbyshire, England. Mr. Darcy lives there. It has a lake. Darcy is known to swim in said lake. Need I say any more?

This is my first Top Ten Tuesday, but I am sure there will be more!

                            Lieder Madchen

7 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to Top Ten Tuesday. Hope to see you here again.

    Here's my list of Top Ten Settings in Books. I hope you will stop by and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list! We have a few similarities!!
    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad to see someone else selected Sherwood Forest as one of their favorite settings!

    I'm with you on the Lodon thing, I will pick up and read a book simply because I notice it's set in London. It's one of my favorite cities in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherwood Forest would indeed be a very cool place to visit. I'd need some Robin Hood nearby, though . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also want to meet a dragon, how cool would that be?

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. London is a great setting. One of my favorite London books is White Teeth by Zadie Smith.

    Check out my list here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love London too. It's a great setting for books. I also love Tortall and did think about picking. Pern was on my list too.

    ReplyDelete