Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (2)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's Top Ten is: Reasons Why We Love Book Blogging!

Only ten??? Okaay....

I love book blogging for the books! It is a great way to fuel my reading habit since I have all these wonderful books pouring their way onto my shelves from authors who want me to review them or giveaways on other blogs.

Followers. I love, love, love followers. I love all the comments they leave and the feeling of delight when I realize there is another person who pays attention to my ramblings and nonsense. :)

I love that my reading has changed since I started blogging. I have branched out into genres I never touched before and I notice things in books that I never saw before.

Other book bloggers. I have so much fun watching what other bloggers are doing and talking to them about basically anything. I love talking to other people who share my love of the written word.

Authors. Is there anything cooler than loving a book and then talking to the person who wrote it? Making friends with them? I don't think so. Well, maybe having authors approach you because they want you to read their books. :)

Book tours. I had so much fun on the Random Magic book tour it is not even funny!

ARCs. I still feel a fiendish delight every time I read a book that isn't out yet.

Events. I love joining fun blogging events like the Book Battles or YA Bachelor Month (see sidebar) where many bloggers participate just because they feel like it.

This may sound a little odd, but I love blogging for the responsibility of it. Whenever I join an event or tour or accept a book to review, I am making a promise and somebody, be it an author or another blogger, is counting on me to hold up my side of the bargain.

Discovery. When blogging, I am always discovering new things. New books, new authors, new ways to have fun. I have been blogging for just under 6 months and everything is still fresh.

Writing. I have always had stories running around in my head, but since I started blogging I have also started writing them down. I have finished two short stories and submitted them for anthologies. One was turned down and the other is still pending, but the point is that I finished them. Before, I had pages and pages of ideas but nothing that I had ever completed.


Okay, so that was technically 11, but close enough. The above list is not in any kind of order; my top tens never are.

                           Lieder Madchen

No comments:

Post a Comment