Monday, October 31, 2011

Bookie Brunch: Trick or Treat - Classic Horror Films

  

Bookie Brunch: Trick or Treat

Bookie Brunch is a weekly book chat for book lovers. A new Bookie Brunch posts every Sunday, and you're welcome to join any ongoing discussion whenever you like. In the meantime, let's have some treats for Halloween! Just click on the badges on the end of the post for a new treat!

Trick or Treat: Classic Horror Films


In my house, we don't really "celebrate" Halloween. I have never been trick-or-treating and last year was the first time I ever went to a haunted house. On Halloween night, we carve pumpkins and then sneak downstairs after turning all the lights off to hide from the neighbor kids (not that there are any) and watch a scary (but family friendly) movie while munching on candy. Since there are only so many family friendly scary movies out there, there are a few that we have seen many times. Here are some of my favorites. :)


Not particularly scary by modern standards, this film was terrifying when I was younger. Now, I can truly appreciate the incompetent fleeing and the very silly song.





Whether it be the old black-and-white Boris Karloff version or the newer Brendan Fraser remake, The Mummy is always a hit...except for that one year when my little sister was scared of mummies (also the year we were studying Ancient Egypt in school) and we ended up watching Fly Away Home instead. (A movie about Canadian geese. We have never let her live it down.)

An oldie but a goodie, we have watched Creature from the Black Lagoon for Halloween more times than I can count. :)

And now it is time for the treats! My favorite Halloween treats are pumpkin pie (with lots of whipped cream) toasted pumpkin seeds (sometimes with garlic) and Butterfingers. :)

Happy Halloween!


2 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin pie too!
    Hope you enjoyed your movie last night and had a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mummy creeps me out:) Great post!

    ReplyDelete