Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Out of my Comfort Zone

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is books that you read that were out of your comfort zone.

This is a fiendishly difficult topic for me because I have been reading so many different genres since I was small that there is hardly anything that isn't in my comfort zone, except for books that I have no interest in whatsoever and therefore have never picked up.

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan 
I was extremely hesitant to read this because at the time I was not a huge fan of chick-lit or contemporary YA. I am so glad that I did read it, though, because it has led me to try out several other wonderful books in the genre.

Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey
This book was so out of my comfort zone that I don't think I can list all the reasons, boxing, lesbian heroine, vigilantes, etc. I grabbed it because of the title (my sister's name is Olivia and I couldn't help myself) and the lovely cover. I didn't really care for the book and skimmed through huge chunks of it, but it is good to try new things sometimes. :)

A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
I saw this one for free as an Amazon kindle book (back when my kindle app worked) and I just liked the cover so I purchased it. I hate most westerns, but the story was a cute romance.

I honestly cannot think of anything else. I read action-adventures, suspense-thrillers, a tiny bit of horror, romance, historical, sci-fi, fantasy and practically everything in between.

                       Lieder Madchen

No comments:

Post a Comment