Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

TTT3W

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Loved But Never Reviewed. I would like to add a Yet onto the end of that, as I will probably be reviewing some of these books in the future. As usual, my Top Ten list is in no kind of order.

Die For Me by Amy Plum
I loved this book when I read it a few months ago, but for some reason I never got around to writing a review.

Archangel by Sharon Shinn
I have been meaning to review this one, but it hasn't happened yet. I love the world and the characters and the wonderful romance.

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
This book is so cute and so much fun! My sister and I both read it and now I have loaned it to my cousin, maybe I will review it when she has finished it.

Divergent by Veronica Roth
I really meant to review this one, but when I read it I got so caught up in the story that I forgot to pay attention to language content for my ratings. I don't think there was really any swearing, but I guess I am going to have to read it again...just to make sure...

Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce
This is one of my favorite books in the whole world. I can't count the many times I have re-read it and at some point I am going to have to tell you people how wonderful it is. :)

The Sand-Reckoner by Gillian Bradshaw
I even went so far as to borrow this from the library to review it because it had been a year since I first read it and I was a little fuzzy on things like swearing and sexual content but things came up and I had to return it without re-reading. It is a wonderful book, though, and I will make sure to review it someday.

The Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold
I love everything by Lois McMaster Bujold, but this, the first book I read by her, is special. I could read this book ten times in a month and still find new things to think about.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I am a little scared to take on a classic such as this in a review. What could I say that someone else hasn't said better before? But it is such a wonderful book that I am sure I will gather up my courage one day.

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
I love the Scarlet Pimpernel. I love his adventures, his girl, his century, his disguises, the trouble he gets into...this is one of my very favorite historical classic romance.

Eragon by Christopher Paolini
I used to be utterly obsessed by this book when I was younger. This is the first novel that had me trolling fan-sites in search of book news and movie development. I have got over my obsession, but Eragon still has a special place on my bookshelf.

                                Lieder Madchen

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see your review of Trickster's Choice! I bought it recently at a used booksale, and could use the motivation to bump it up on my to-read shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sarahsaysread I will see what I can do, it is a brilliant story and I can use this as an excuse to read it again. I am sure you will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have most of those books on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete